Peppermint is your best friend when it comes to helping you cope with indigestion, stomach ache, nausea, headache, mosquitoes and much much more!
If ever you are suffering from any digestion-related pains or discomfort applying one or two drops into your palm and massaging your stomach will bring relief within minutes. If you need a little extra help especially for nausea put one drop into a small glass of water and drink it, this will produce a great cooling effect in your stomach and you will feel much lighter.
To counter a sudden headache I suggest drinking a large glass of pure water then putting one drop of Peppermint Essential Oil in your palms, rubbing them together then cupping your mouth and nose and inhaling deeply through your nose, exhaling through your mouth. This is a strong oil and the fumes might burn your eyes a little, just make sure to not rub your eyes with your oily fingers!
On a hot summer day, you can easily cool off or stay cool by applying a drop or less of peppermint essential oil behind your ears, on your chest, and on the back of your neck, the cooling effect will be immediate.
Adding a drop of Peppermint Essential Oil to your favorite Natural Lemonade is also a great way to feel refreshed and invigorated on a warm day.
With peppermint essential oil you can also:
- Relieve pain from bumps & bruises by applying Peppermint essential oil immediately to the injured area.
- Reduce fever by rubbing a few drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet.
- Ease nausea, morning sickness, or motion sickness by massaging several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen and soles of the feet.
- Relieve a headache by rubbing a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, and back of the neck. Caution: keep peppermint oil away from the eyes and never, ever put essential oil in your eyes!
- Improve alertness and concentration by placing one drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rubbing another drop under the nose. Keep a bottle in your car for long drives; in your desk drawer at work for that mid-afternoon slump!
- Enhance concentration and improve recall by diffusing Peppermint oil in the room while studying.
- Relieve nasal and sinus congestion by placing a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhaling into the nose.
- Flavor food with peppermint oil!
- Kill aphids on houseplants by adding 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray the plants.
- Curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat by inhaling peppermint oil.
A word to the wise: Peppermint essential oil is very very strong, and ‘Less is More’ really applies here!
When using peppermint oil make sure you never use more than 2 drops. If ever the cooling effect is too strong for you dilute the essential oil with vegetable oil, NEVER USE WATER as this will only spread the oil and not dilute it.